For students after a long and difficult year at university, what could be better than a last-minute summer holiday? They could reward themselves with a well-deserved “great value for money” break once studying is over. Even booking at the start of August it still isn’t too late to find a holiday bargain.
When it comes to last minute summer holidays, there are great savings to be had. There are student discounts available on flights, coach travel, rail travel as well as taxis. What’s more students can also benefit from money saving deals on accommodation. To save cash on holidays, check out companies like:-
- For flights: Sky Scanner & Money Saving Expert.
- For Hotels: Trivago & LateRooms.
- For holiday insurance: MoneySuperMarket & Comparethemarket.
Click this link to find out what savings you can make with a valid student ID.
Cheap holiday destinations
Let’s talk about a few exciting last-minute holiday destinations, ideal for students. Whether it’s a long-haul or short-haul, there’s a good choice of cheap student holidays around.
- Malaga, Spain – Southern Spain is bang on if you’re after an affordable break. With so many flights from the UK available, Malaga is easily accessible and easy on the pocket. During the summer, temperatures range from 23C to 26C, perfect for topping up your tan. It’s just a place to relax and chill out, enjoy lazy days on the beach recharging your batteries. After catching those rays why not explore the rest of the Costa del Sol and Andalucía? Flights can cost from as little as £32 and accommodation from around £40-£60 per night.
- Algarve, Portugal – Take a swim in the Atlantic Ocean from one of the many glorious beaches in Southern Portugal’s Algarve region. The easiest and cheapest way to get there is to fly to Faro. You can then kick off your Portuguese beach tour from the airport with a trip to Praia de Faro, one of Portugal’s most popular beach resorts. If a city tour is your thing, then head for Albufeira, which was once a small fishing village. There are lots of great restaurants here, shops and lively nightlife. One of the Algarve’s top attractions is Ria Formosa, the beautiful coastal area made up of a lagoon, several islands and two peninsulas. Flights come in at around £45 and accommodation is approximately £50 to £60 per night.
- Ibiza, Spain – The Balearic Island of Ibiza is a firm favourite with students from around the world. This Spanish island in the Med has a reputation for all-night beach parties, hip night clubs and packed street bars. Ibiza is a top holiday hotspot for dance music ravers especially during the summer months from July through to September. Most revelers head for Ibiza Town or San Antonio to the biggest nightclubs around like Pacha and Amnesia. If you want a bit of a rest and relaxation, away from the party scene for a while, try Santa Eulalia. It’s a quiet resort with a laid-back atmosphere, a great place to chill. Expect to pay around £35 for a flight and anywhere from £50 to £70 per night for a hostel, studio, apartment or hotel accommodation.