Options and Enhancements
The Let Only Option
Full range of advertising services – We will take professional photographs of your property and make note of all of the key features your property has to offer. We will then use these to advertise your property on our website, in our office property windows, on flyers and in our own and other regional property magazines.
- Putting a let board up outside the property.
- Arranging and accompanying all viewings.
- Fully referencing all tenants.
- Providing & arranging the signing of tenancy agreements.
- Collecting the first month’s rent & damage deposit.
- Setting up standing orders for future rent payments.
- Ensuring tenants receive keys.
- Providing the landlord with all of the necessary paperwork & rent payments minus our fee.
- ‘Let only’ standard charge: 50% of one month’s rent, plus VAT.
The Fully Managed Option
Services include ‘let only’ services plus:
- Completing a full property inventory, including photographs.
- Collecting the damage deposit and lodging it with the Damage Protection Service (DPS) as prescribed by law.
- Carrying out quarterly inspections, which will be increased if the property is not being looked after correctly.
- Renewing gas certificates, EPCs, PAT tests, Periodic Electrical reports and HMO certificates (charges will apply).
- Providing a first-line response for all maintenance calls. These are logged on our system, and if necessary, quotes will be arranged so contractors can be instructed. Landlords are ultimately responsible for contractors’ fees.
- Collecting rent, and transferring it to your account.
- Negotiating tenancy renewals and pursuing rent arrears.
- Providing the landlord with monthly statements.
- Organising the service of notice as required by law.
- Carrying out check-out inspections to minimise cleaning and maintenance after move-out.
- Overseeing deposit disputes at the end of the tenancy.
- ‘Fully managed’ standard charge: 50% of the first month’s rent plus VAT and thereafter 12% of the monthly rent plus VAT.
We can arrange the following items, and in most cases the cost can be deducted from the first month’s rent:
- Gas Safety Certificates – These are required by law.
- Energy Performance Certificates – These are also required by law.
- House in Multiple Occupation licences.
- Key Cutting.
- Electrical Safety Certificates (valid for five years).
- Portable Appliance Tests (required on HMO properties).
- Tenancy Renewal Fees.
- Notices of Possession.
If you wish to talk through your requirements, or if you require any further information on anything to do with letting your property, please do not hesitate to call us on 0191 230 5577.