Guide for Landlords
Letslivehere has a wealth of landlord advice so you can ensure renting property is a hassle-free experience.
Read the step-by-step guide now:
- Call or email us to book your free valuation, or complete the free valuation form on the landlords section of our website. Or pop in for a coffee in our green room!
- We visit your property and give you free, no-obligation advice and a valuation on what we believe is the rent you should achieve for the property. We discuss the type of tenant to which it’s suited, whether to offer it furnished or unfurnished, the best way to present and market it, and the type of rental income you can expect. You may want to let to students, or professionals, or both. You’ll be able to get full exposure in either market with letslivehere.
- If you want to go ahead, decide which service you want: Let-only (we interview and credit-check suitable tenants) or Full Management (we take care of everything). Whichever you choose, you get the same high level of service and personal attention.
- We send you a contract which can be signed online. No fees are payable until your property is let. We’ll discuss any specific requirements you may have in order to rent your property. You may need an HMO licence if the property is to be a house of multiple occupancy. You may also need safety certificates in place and other compliant documentation. Don’t worry, we’ll explain everything at this point so it’s clear what needs to be in place either to market your property or to start a tenancy.
- Once you’re happy, we do a full photoshoot of the property and – ta-dah! – your property is uploaded onto our website, together with clear descriptions. It’s also uploaded to Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation and a host of other property portals and property related websites. It may feature in our shop window and will also be matched to searching tenants that we have on our system. At any one time we could have hundreds, and even thousands, of applicants looking for a property.
- That’s it! You’re now with letslivehere and we are on the hunt for tenants.