With the cold and dark month of October well and truly upon us we are creeping ever closer to the spookiest night of the Year. Throughout the month of October its time to close the curtains, turn up the volume and get ready to hide behind your pillow.
With so many recent horror movies leaving audiences underwhelmed we think its time to get back to basics. We have compiled a list of must see horror films that will leave you quaking in your Uggs!
In no particular order;
- The Exorcist (1973) – When a teenage girl is possessed by a mysterious entity, her mother seeks the help of two priests to save her daughter.
- Halloween (1978) – On Halloween night of 1963, 6-year old Michael Myers stabbed his sister to death. After sitting in a mental hospital for 15 years, Myers escapes and returns to Haddonfield to kill.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) – Five friends visiting their grandfather’s house in the country are hunted and terrorized by a chain-saw wielding killer and his family of grave-robbing cannibals.
- Scream (1996) – Attempting to cope with her mother’s murder, Sydney and her horror movie-obsessed friends are stalked by a murderer who seems to have a hard time letting the past go.
- 28 Days Later (2002) – Four weeks after a mysterious, incurable virus spreads throughout the UK, a handful of survivors try to find sanctuary.
- IT (1990) – In 1960, seven outcast kids known as “The Loser Club” fight an evil demon who poses as a child-killing clown. 30 years later, they are called back to fight the same clown again.
- Psycho (1960) – A Phoenix secretary steals $40,000 from her employer’s client, goes on the run and checks into a remote motel run by a young man under the domination of his mother.
- The Ring (2002) – A journalist must investigate a mysterious videotape which seems to cause the death of anyone in a week of viewing it.
- The Shining (1980) – A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil and spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future.
- Dracula (1992) – The vampire comes to England to seduce a visitor’s fiancÃ©e and inflict havoc in the foreign land.
We hope you make it through this eclectic mix of spine-tingling spooky films unscathed and enjoy the rest of October!