Going to University can be a fun but nerve racking experience. Leaving the comforts of your home town is a big step! Well done for taking the plunge. Just know that everyone has that moment when they wonder “What the hell am I doing!”. The first few months can be very daunting but trust us you will come out the other side a better person. Then when you go back home at Christmas you will wonder why you even second guessed yourself!
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts for your first few months
- Speak to everyone – Talk to as many people as you can, after a few weeks it will be awkward to strike up a conversation with strangers.
- Don’t worry if you don’t get along with your flatmates their will be plenty of opportunities to meet people.
- You don’t have to go out drinking every night! You have several years at Uni so pace yourself.
- Eat healthy, Freshers Flu is real, when everyone is coughing and sneezing you will be glad you ate the odd vegetable now and again.
- Join as many societies as you can its a great way to meet people. You may find your new hobby!
- Don’t spend all you time talking to your old friends back home. Throw yourself into the experience. Don’t worry you will see them at Christmas.
- Be careful with your student loan it has to last 12 weeks.
- Don’t worry if your not enjoying your time, you won’t be the only one. Give it time it will get better.
For now enjoy your time in the TOON!!