Moving house can be one of the more stressful things in life. It’s important to do all you can to make sure the whole moving experience doesn’t become too overwhelming especially if you have a busy, professional life. Thankfully there are ways in which you can have a much less stressful move than you ever thought possible. Here are some helpful tips for an easier move so you can enjoy your new home.
- Moving plan/checklist – before moving into your new property why not put together a moving plan or checklist? This will help to keep everything well organised from hiring reputable conveyancing solicitors, removal firms, to your budget. An eight-week plan will ensure you stay on track and what’s more, the move won’t interfere too much with your working life. Make a list of all the tasks you need to do then divide them into weeks. Remember to allow yourself enough days to complete everything on that week’s list, organisation is the key!
- Clear out the clutter – one of the first things to do before moving house is to get rid of any clutter. It will make things less stressful and make everything more organised and straightforward. Once you start packing, you’ll only be taking things that you actually need. There’s nothing worse than packing items only for you to get rid of them after you have moved house.
- Visit your new area – maybe you are moving somewhere you aren’t familiar with. This could be because of a career move or starting a new job. Visit the local neighbourhood and have a walk around the area. This will help make the transition to your new property less stressful. It would also give you more time to find the closest shops, banks, transport facilities and if you have children, schools.
- Hire a professional removal firm – for a stress-free move, hire a professional removal firm. To make things run even more smoothly, why not arrange a pre-move visit so removal personnel fully understand the task ahead. Many reputable removal companies also provide a packing service which will save you time leading up to the big day. Moving your worldly goods from one property to another is best left in the hands of the professionals.
- Be flexible – with so much going on and so many people involved, when moving home it pays to be flexible. Let’s be honest, things don’t always go to plan! Have a back-up plan. For instance, telephone numbers of different removal firms just in case the worst-case scenario happens. To keep stress levels down, it’s important to be flexible. Start the move day nice and early to give you some breathing space should anything unexpected happen.
Juggling a professional lifestyle and moving home can be quite a feat. By being organised and planning ahead, your move can be a positive and rewarding experience. Making full use of time, everything can be carried out without too much hassle. When moving into a new property, go with the flow and everything will fall into place.